Event ID 8211 — Volume Shadow Copy Service Operations
The Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) provides the ability to create a point in time image ( also known as a shadow copy ) of one or more volumes that can be used to perform backups. The service is also used during restores of applications.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Writer with name %1 and ID %2 attempted to subscribe in safe mode. %3|
How To Resolve
Ensure that the computer is running in normal mode
Please confirm if your computer is running in safe mode. If it is in safe mode, restart it in normal mode.
This error most often occurs when your machine is in safe mode, to confirm visually you will see the words Safe Mode in the corners of the display. To exit safe mode, simply restart your computer and let Windows boot normally.
How To Verify
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the Volume Shadow Copy Service is started:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- In the results pane, double-click Volume Shadow Copy.
- In Service status, make sure that the status is Started. If the status is not Started, click Start.
- Make sure Startup type is set to Manual.
- Click OK.
- How To Fix “Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface” - February 16, 2021
- First Lady Of Physics To Be Honored On U.S. Postage Stamp - February 12, 2021
- Intel’s New CEO Rehiring Old CPU Architects - January 21, 2021